We have received the following message from one of our readers, Daisy.
We have put it on CD-traveller, with her permission, so that our readers can see what suggestions they might have to make.
So, the day has come, where the prospect of going abroad on holiday, whilst a volcano is erupting in Iceland, becomes a choice between a package holiday and no flights. And, let’s face it, none of us are about to drive down to Portugal having taken the boat, or have the old school days 6 weeks to play around with.
Here I am thinking several things:
1) Due to illness I cannot drive
2) Due to volcanoes, I cannot fly (well, I am not happy about the risk of getting stuck somewhere with no means to get home!)
3) Due to Job and Dog I am unlikely to manage hitch-hiking for 6 weeks around Europe or pay for a package holiday where my dog is not included
4) Due to work being slow I am not flush enough to fund a chauffeur…
5) Due to life choices I am single, and therefore have no dedicated driver
WHAT ON EARTH WILL I DO THIS YEAR FOR MY HOLIDAYS???
– Camping equipment for both me and my dog
– A limited budget
– 1-2 weeks MAX in August
– No transport
ANY IDEAS??? CAN YOU HELP??
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.