Carry on cruising
Whether you’re new to cruising and need help planning your first voyage or are a seasoned cruiser searching for inspiration for your next holiday at sea, don’t miss The Cruise Show at London’s Olympia from March 24-25.
Presented by The Telegraph, it’s the only place where you will find all the major and specialist cruise lines under one roof, plus you can hear directly from the cruise experts about what’s new for 2012 / 2013 and save thousands of pounds with the exclusive show only offers!
To help whet your appetite, here are a few fast facts about cruising which, despite recent events, remains one of the safest and most enjoyable modes of transport for seeing and experiencing the world
- Britons took a record 1.7m ocean cruises last year, of which 700,000 were first-time cruisers
- The number of passengers starting their cruise from a UK port rose 100,000 in 2011 to 753,000
- 50 percent of all cruises booked were for seven nights or less, showing a growing trend in short cruises
- The top destination remains the Mediterranean which showed a 10 per cent rise in passengers, followed by Northern Europe
- Cruises around the Canary Island and Madeira attracted 19 per cent more passengers last year than in 2010
‘Sea’ (pardon the pun) you there?!